Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Spring Training

Well it is that time of year again. Spring Training has began and Conner is no longer home! This year I got to experience Spring Training myself! We drove the 17 hour drive to Phoenix in one day. Talk about sore butts! 5 states in one day! Not bad! We left bright and early and made it just after it got dark. The 2 hour time zone difference helped! We got settled in to a hotel for a few nights and Conner started practicing right away. The weather was beautiful! So ready for hot summer now! Was in upper 80's the whole time. So nice to wear shorts and flip flops all day long! I got a little shopping in while Con practiced. He took me site seeing and showed me all the things he got to experience and where he had lived in the past! It was so neat to be in his element and where he had been!

Day 2 of Spring Training Conner got called up to suit up for the Big League game! Sweet! Take me out to the ball game! Went over to the the stadium they play the actual Oakland A's spring training games and caught myself a baseball game! Was soooo neat to see Conner suited in the A's jersey, number 1! He got in the top of the 8th, playing second base. Made it to the on deck circle and the batter before finished the game so didn't get to bat. Was still so neat to see him in the game! :D I'm a proud fiance! :D

So was a wonderful "vacation" and so nice to get away for awhile with Conner. Only problem was I had to leave him there! Wish I could just stay there the 3 weeks they are out there! Some day ;) Now back home to Buddy and he is glad at least one of his parents is home! He sure does miss his daddy, but glad he got him a present! Buddy loves his giant tennis ball! It smells like daddy!

So here's to a new season of ball! I wish you the best of luck Conner and am with you all the way! I can't wait to visit at your next stop and root you on! There is nothing I love more than supporting you!! Be careful and keep following those dreams! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment