Saturday, March 26, 2011

"Bigger than my Body"

It is amazing what the body can do! I've been running more lately outside, the burning of the lungs, quads tight, hammies pullin! But I love it! I love feeling the "pain" because it's such a blessing and I praise God that I am able to do this! I'm able to run on these two legs; I'm able to be sore; I'm able to get my heart racing! Even though I don't always feel good at the time, I'm still greatful I can!

On Wednesday our intern at work participated in EVERY Group Fitness class we have! 10 classes starting at 5:45am ending at 8pm! At first it sounds kinda fun, a challenge, but hey you could slack a little bit, nobody would know. Except he didn't! He went all out in every class from Spin, to Zumba, to Power Pump, to SHRED, and finished with PiYo! He was taking donations for Relay for Life and raised over $200!!! WOW! By the time 4:30 came he had to go straight through until 8! He started cramping a bit towards the last couple of classes, but that didn't stop him! What will he had and determination! What awesome gift God gave him to be able to accomplish such a task! Once again, two legs not feeling good towards the end, but doing great things and raising money for a good cause!

Conner has been suiting up lately for a lot of the Oakland A's Spring Training games! He's sitting on the bench with the actual team!!! How cool is that! He doesn't usually get in, but still, WOW! As I'm writting this he is sittin on the bench there now! He had to practice alllll day long and then go suit up for the big league game! He's tired mentally and physically but he's living the dream I'd say, such a blessing once again! About a week left of spring training and then they'll be shipped out to their respective teams. The games will begin then! Love listening to his games and cheering him on! :) Can't wait to visit wherever that may be!


Buddy and I cleaned the apartment today! A much needed task of organzing, laundry and cleaning. A perfect day to do so as well since it was cold and rainy! Got a lot accomplished and made the day go pretty fast. Looking forward to chillin again tomorrow, working a little, watching KU and preparing for a new week ahead. Can't believe March is about over already! But looking forward to more springy weather!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, impressive! makes me want to use my legs more! and good for Conner! super excited to hear where he goes...maybe somewhere close (fingers crossed). have a wonderful week! :o

    ReplyDelete