Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Bulletproof

Well it is Wednesday evening and I wish it were the weekend already! Just got home from taking Conner back to the airport. He was able to come home for a few days during a baseball break. Of course always goes tooo fast! :( But sooooo enjoyed our time together and felt so good to have him home! Give him some TLC and spoil him a little!
I picked him up Sunday night late late and then back to Emporia. I still had to work some, but he enjoyed catching up with Buddy, running some errands to see a few people, getting a massage, and napping at home! ;) So just some time for him that he deserved to just do NOTHING! I'm happy he got that. On Tuesday left work we went to Wichita to shop and eat dinner with his mom. Mmmm Olive Garden, mighty tasty! So enjoyed our visit and time together!
Took all Wednesday off from work! Ahhh! Slept in some, we made breakfast! He did all the hard work. I scrambled eggs and he made french toast! Good good good! I was impressed! :D Then we watched some good soccer and tennis on TV. Go USA and Isner you are crazy!! 59-59 in fifth set. Unreal!!!! We then left in the afternoon to head towards KC and went to the Legends. Walked through some stores and walked around area. Then went to Dave & Busters, arcade for adults! It was half price game day so all the games where half off. So we each spent a little and lasted a long time. Passed the afternoon quite well and we had a ton of fun! Ate some dinner then was time to finish the trip and head to airport.
The unfun part of the trip, the dreaded ride to the airport. You reflect on all the fun great things you got to do the past few days, how you miss how things just use to be normal and hang out at home. Playing with Buddy. But then I realize how lucky I am to have such an amazing person in my life and how I got to see him! How I'm so happy that he's doing something he loves and dreams of! I think about how work is so fun and such hard work at the same time for him! How proud I am of him! He's an inspiration to me!
All that gets me through the long, lonely trip back home to Emporia, back to the old grind. Luckily back to Buddy, but not excited about back to work tomorrow. With some catching up to do I'm sure too! But the great thing is next weekend I'll be loading up to head to Chicago with the rents to go visit Conner again! And that gets me through it all! I'm so lucky!
So thanks Conner, for coming home and making these past few days so worth it! Love you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment