Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Play


Play time for the Bud!

"There are days when we feel like all we do is wait. Wait for the game to get over, the flight to get in, the rain to stop, the season to end, and a change in circumstances...wait, wait, wait. The productive days in our Christian life are usually when we are doing. Listening to a friend, sending a card to comfort or encourage someone, serving others by putting them first, deciding to make the most of the day and see how God can use us. Taking the focus off what we are waiting on and moving ahead with what the day brings can be of greater benefit not only in our life, but also in the lives of those we touch. Think of all of the things God says He wants us to do: love others, serve, be patient, be compassionate, be selfless, seek Him, be pure, be forgiving, live as forgiven women, tell others about Jesus - to name just a few. There are so many desires God has for our lives. Finding them is not difficult; He has written them in the Bible. Applying them can be another story."

I read this today in my devotional I read each day. I thought whoah, so true! Stop waiting and start doing! Even when busy days can sometimes stress me out, it means I'm working and doing something I enjoy and helping others! And that's what I want to do! Be patient, Be compassionate, Be selfless! And sometimes I have to work on that! But I thank God for all the wonderful things He has put into my life to keep me busy, and try not to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment