Saturday, May 1, 2010

Runners High

Today my lovely parents and pup came to town. My mom and I participated in the John Blaufuss 5K run and 2 mile walk. It was a b-e-a-utiful day out, couldn't of been any more perfect! I planned on running this stricly as a fun run, thinking I probably wasn't in as good of shape as last year, and there were a lot more girls running this year! Started out nice and slow, keeping my pace, and eventually worked my way up. In my mind the whole time was Conner pushing me, and encouraging me to keep going. Then I'd think of Buddy and our runs together and how he'd want me to go faster. Then I'd think of my parents who came to root me on, and my friends! They were all my motivation! And of course above none else was the good Lord! "I can do all things through him who gives me strength!" That's what went through my head as well!

I managed to get first place in the girls and beat my time from last year! :D I was shocked and amazed and happy! It was a difficult run, I could tell I was running faster, especially at the end and the big hill, which we like to call Miss America! My mom got to climb Miss America for the first time, and probably last in the 2 mile walk! I was soooo proud of her!!! :) So glad my mom and I could do something together and for a good cause.

My parents, the dogs, and I got to hang out and chill for the rest of the day! Was nice to just catch up with them and be in there presence! Love them to pieces and love how they always support me! And Buddy loves playing with my dad, or shall I say wrestling. Conner would be glad he was getting some rough play in! ;)

Got to hang out with some friends tonight to top of the day and now home with Buddy and ready for bed! Glad tomorrow is Sunday and nothing planned! A day to catch up and do whatever!

No comments:

Post a Comment