Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Run

Buddy and I get up early every Tuesday and Thursday morning to go for a run, well except tomorrow morning probably because it's suppose to be rainy. My run the other morning was perfect. Sometimes I get up and I hate it cause it starts out cold, but you of course eventually warm up. So I layer on the clothes, waiting to strip later. But Tuesday was perfect. It was the perfect temperature! Not too cold, but layered perfectly to where I didn't have to strip down. The sun was about to make its way out, so it was dark, yet a hint of reflection in the sky. God just painted me this beautiful picture that I wanted to take in.

So started out my run with Buddy, he's always so excited. I don't run with my ipod or any music. Just listen to my surroundings, pay attention to Buddy and talk to him. (no I don't look weird talking to my dog, I mean talk like "Buddy over here...") Mainly it's my time to reflect on life, what's going on, clear my mind. Such a peaceful time. Listening to the birds, breathing in fresh air, feeling the burn in my legs, getting that exercise high. And it makes me feel even better yet that Buddy just loves it! Except those darn birds!!! Running by the pond and seeing birds fly off the water! Can it get any better than that?!

I think about life. How I enjoy Emporia and like my job and my apartment, all to a point, but wonder if it's all too comfortable? I'm young, I should be doing things now! Exploring life and whats out there! What is out there?! Am I missing out?! Hmm I may never know, and I will never know till I explore it. God knows though, the big man upstairs! He knows my plans and I will follow his lead! I will trust in him, about everything! I must! So what shall I do next in life???

The point is get outside! Any time of day, it's beautiful! Go running! You'll get so many amazing things from it! If not running, go walking! The point...get some exercise and love life a little!

No comments:

Post a Comment