Thursday, March 25, 2010

Temple

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? So use every part of your body to give glory back to God." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Our bodies are our temples and we must take care of ourselves! There's so many things we can do, with first off exercising and eating right. I grew up being active, I can't really remember not being up and doing something. I was lucky that my parents kept me involved in whatever activities that I wanted and supported me so much along the way. Also that I followed my older brothers footsteps and wanted to be like him and athletic. Except I can school him now in everything ;)

Exercise means so much to me in more than ways than one. It's part of my career and what I want to be involved in. I love working in the gym and teaching classes and helping others reach their fitness goals. I personally love the feeling of exercising! That high you can get after you are done and accomplished something! The way your body can be so sore after a hard days work, sweating buckets during a workout, seeing improvements in strength, and so much more!

And you can't have exercise without eating right! Your body needs fuel and that fuel being food! Think about it as a car, you don't want to put bad fuel or diesel in your unleaded car do you?! You want it to run right! Same with our bodies, you want to feed it healthy nutritous foods to give it the most energy! The better we eat, the better we feel.

I must admit it has been a lot easier to eat right with Conner being gone, sorry hun. But I just don't allow for the temptations in my apartment, or go out to eat very often. I can choose what I want each day. So I've been eating better these past 2 weeks and its amazing how better I feel already. Cutting out sugars makes the world of difference! And eating more fruits and vegetables are so mmm mmm good!

So just remember this, there's lots of ways you can take care of your body, exercising, eating right, being careful of our actions each day, making smart decisions, buckling up when we drive, wearing sunscreen, yada yada yada. It's up to you! Your body is a temple!

No comments:

Post a Comment