Tuesday, April 27, 2010

"Old" Friends

Tonight I got to go out to eat with my gym "boyfriend". You may be wondering hmmmm...but he is an older man, I mean senior citizen old, and his wife! His name is Scottie and he is like a guardian angel to me! Always a smiling face when he comes in, and is FULL of stories! Just ask Conner, he'll agree! But I love it! I love hearing about how his life was growing up, compared to now. Family, sports, life....we talk about everything! He's such a caring person and takes good care of me. I do not have any grandparents alive still anymore, so I feel like he is one to me! His wife goes back and forth months at a time to New Mexico taking care of family so sometimes he is on his own. I know how that feels, being on my own myself. Just nice to get out and talk to someone! :)

So go out there, talk to someone knew! Smile, you never know who is watching you. Make a new friend, no matter how young or old. Just share stories with someone, because there is so much out there you don't know about that others do! You could be that special guardian angel to someone too!

P.S...inspire others! I was watching Biggest Loser tonight also, and boy that Jillian! She is one tough cookie, and I love it! She inspires me to want to inspire others to change their lives! Anyone can do anything, why not?!

No comments:

Post a Comment