Thursday, April 15, 2010

The power of prayer!

I'm sitting here listening to Conner play his game, praying! I've found myself praying a lot today. Everyone could use prayer! I prayed for Conner, to keep him safe, look after him during his game and team. And as I'm writing this his team just got a double to score 3, Conner the winning run and came back and won the game. God does wonders! What talent He has given them. What passion.

A friend of mines sister is in the hospital having open heart surgery today. All she is asking for is prayer, to help her safely make it through. She was hoping for a new heart, but God's plan wasn't ready for that yet. So we pray, to help her down the road, eventually find a heart! Because all she wants is a heart, get better, and then share her story and God's word with others! Wow!

I prayed for family and friends. The people closest to me. For Buddy, everyday, that I come home and he is safely in his cage, waiting for me to play with him. My friend Karly is getting ready to go to Peru for a missions trip. She is asking for donations, but also asking just for prayer! What a woman! ;)

It's not hard, give it a try! Prayer is much needed in our lives and just setting time aside to talk to God can make you feel so much better! "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34 I am always needing reminding of that.

Tomorrow is finally Friday! TGIF! I wish I could be in Chicago with the rest of Conner's family hanging out with him and watching him play ball, and I wish I could go home and visit family and friends and just hang out, and I wish and want many things, but I can not complain, because I am blessed with soooo many things that I am very thankful for and am SO lucky for what I have! Have a good Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment